One of the very worst uses of time is to do something very well that need not be done at all. (Tracy, p.10)
Don’t create some complicated chore system that neither you nor your children can understand-simply give them assignments and privileges for accomplishing them. (Oxenreider, p.10)
My Mission for February 2012: God has really been dealing with my on the issue of goal setting and I have been attentively listening and heeding! In fact, my husband and I took a few nights to hash out our goals for 2012! Thanks to the advice of Money Saving Mom, we even categorized our goals into the following groups or focus areas: Personal, Marriage, Parenting, Homeschooling, Homemaking (for me), Ministry/Friendships/Extended Family, Financial, Work (for hubby), and Blogging/Online Activity (for me). With that said, most of my mission for this month will be drawn from my list of goals for the year! So, here is my mission list for the month of February:
1. Commit to daily quiet time (Bible reading & prayer) each morning.
2. Finish reading Eat That Frog!
3. Finish reading Organized Simplicity.
4. Complete 10 scrapbook pages.
5. Find and begin a couples devotional. Any recommendations???
6. Flirt with my hubby everyday. (Gotta keep the flame burning!) ;-)
7. Decide on and begin a weekly family devotional. Any suggestions???
8. Gather scriptures so that I can discipline consistently with The Word.
9. Find a feasible way to have one-on-one time with each child daily.
10. Read The Toothpaste Millionaire aloud to the kids.
11. Read/watch Hans Brinker and take the kids ice skating.
12. Find and begin a new daily devotional with the kids.
13. Finish completely re-organizing the furniture to suit our needs.
14. Finish purging each room in the house.
15. Start up SHE Method again.
16. Write 2 letters.
17. Start sending birthday cards to extended family & friends again.
18. Gather documents for tax preparation.
19. Begin writing and scheduling blog posts @ least 1 week in advance.
20. Stick with my new schedule for online activity.
So, I know my mission list for February is quite lofty, but as I said, I feel that the Lord has been speaking to me about setting goals and following through with them. So, I am excited to be working on goals that I have not only discussed with my husband, but have been prayed over by both myself and my husband! Can’t wait to check back in at the end of the month!
What is your February mission of the month?
If you participated last month, how did you do?Feel free to link up and share! It is a great way to hold yourself accountable! For more information on how to join in, please read the intro post. The linky will be open until midnight, February 5th.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy here.